Soft, Airy Blow Out
Ideal for all hair types
A sleek, smooth and stylish finish, retaining the hair’s natural movement and volume. Ideal for those seeking a sophisticated style, this look offers effortless elegance for a variety of hair types and lengths. Follow these steps to achieve a salon standard blow dry at home.
1. Start with freshly washed hair. Towel dry to remove excess moisture and comb through with a wide tooth comb – hair is up to 42% weaker when wet, so take care to ease out knots and tangles gently.
2. Apply your preferred styling products, such as a smoothing cream, hair oil or leave in conditioner.
3. Take your Dyson SupersonicTM hair dryer without an attachment, on a high speed and temperature setting. Rough dry the hair until approximately 80% dry.
4. For coarser curly and coily hair types, you may prefer to stretch out the curl with the Wide Tooth Comb attachment or if using the Dyson AirwrapTM styler, go in with the Firm Smoothing Brush attachment.
5. For more coarse hair types, skip the following steps 6-9, and instead dry the hair fully with the Wide Tooth Comb attachment. Then go in with the Dyson CorraleTM straightener on a medium heat setting to achieve an ultra-smooth finish, reducing excess volume and frizz.
6. Once near dry, prep the hair for styling by brushing through with a large paddle brush to remove any tangles caused whilst rough drying. Part the hair in your preferred placement and section the hair ready for styling.
7. Add the Smoothing Nozzle attachment and turn down the heat setting on your Dyson SupersonicTM hair dryer. Lift the hair upwards away from the head using a flat or round brush, holding the hair up until dry. This will create volume and lift.
8. Next dry the midlengths and ends, positioning the Smoothing Nozzle down the hair section. This will utilize the controlled airflow to help align the cuticles in the hair leaving a smooth, natural finish. This can also be done with the Dyson AirwrapTM styler and brush attachments.
9. Once the hair is dry, take a round brush and turn the ends of the hair under to create a soft shape, framing the face. This will give a little bend to the ends and allow the hair to sit more naturally. If styling with the Dyson AirwrapTM styler, this can be achieved with the Round Brush attachment.
10. If styling with the Dyson CorraleTM straightener, the ends can be turned under by softly changing the angle of your pass as you come down the hair tress, tilting the straightener in a curved motion towards inwards to the face.
11. Complete the look by blowing the cold shot and Gentle Air attachment all over to lift the hair to give a light airy finish.
12. Apply your preferred hold product, such as a light hold spray. Avoid anything too heavy as this will cause the hair to become crunchy and lose its light softness.